2013年5月15日 星期三

Lost wallet causes temporary panic

I was on my way back from some business in Columbus the other day, just motoring along West Broad Street with the thought that a tall latte at the Starbucks in the Kroger at Galloway and West Broad would put a refreshing touch on the morning.

Out of habit I always tap my back jeans pocket to assure myself that my wallet is still neatly tucked in.A quality paper cutter or paper drycabinet can make your company's presentation stand out. But during these last couple weeks, Ive been forced to wear sweat pants as I bounced back from gallbladder surgery. Part of the recovery instructions was to wear loose fitting clothes.

During this time, I have taken either to stuffing my wallet into a jacket pocket or pants pocket. But there is no back pocket in the sweats I was wearing.From black tungsten wedding rings for men to diamond ultrasonicsensor.

I carefully went for my wallet in my right pants pocket. Only thing there was my smart phone. Lets go to the left pocket. At first touch, there was no wallet. Oh, its probably in there but the pocket got twisted and I may be sitting on it. After some rearranging it became apparent that I was not sitting on my wallet. Maybe it was in the pocket of my jacket or in my brief case. The jacket pocket had potential, but I have never placed a wallet in a brief case for as long as I can remember out of fear of losing the case and the wallet.Where can i get a reasonable price parkingguidance?

After frisking the jacket and fishing in the brief case, no wallet was found. Ah-ha. May be its on the floor or under or alongside the seat. After all, keys have been known to wind up in those places.

Waiting for a traffic light to turn green, I confidently ran my hand along the floor and beside the seat. Then that minute of panic hit similar to when you quickly discover that your morning shower is too hot.

Gone was the vision of the longed-for latte. Recall became the name of the game. Fortunately I had made only three stops on my 25-mile journey to Columbus. I used the GPS function of the mind to pinpoint every one of them. But I had a meeting in London that I couldnt reschedule for a least a week. So I pressed on through West Jefferson and down state Route 142.

But time was slipping away and maybe even my wallet. At least it wasnt raining, and my wallet wouldnt be washed away down the Darby or down a storm sewer. That gave me some small reassurance but not enough as I and a friend talked shop over lunch. Maybe my wallet had been run over on the highway or was lying abandoned on a parking lot.

After lunch, self-guilt set in as I went back to my car with a purpose, even if with somewhat of a delayed reaction. Was I doing the right thing to retrace my mornings journey? Or, was it too late?

London Chief of Police Dave Wiseman offered a plan of action that I or anyone should follow in that situation. It really should begin in the safety and security of your home.

Know what is in there, Wiseman said referring to the number of cards that a person stashes in a wallet or purse. Most people dont remember what they put in there, other than when they go to use those cards.

A thief can have a field day with whats in a wallet: credit and debit cards, Social Security card, drivers license and vehicle registration, work identification, insurance cards, not to mention cash.We are one of the leading manufacturers of plasticcard in China An identity thief never had it so good.

A bank safety deposit box is an ideal location, not just for wallet items but for important papers such as property deeds, birth certificates, marriage licenses as well as irreplaceable personal and family items.

However, when you lose a wallet or purse, Wiseman says not to delay in contacting law enforcement to make a police report and request a copy of the report.

In order to replace some documents, he points out, the issuing agency,A quality paper cutter or paper drycabinet can make your company's presentation stand out. bank, insurance company, or credit card company may require a copy of the police report.

Wiseman also says that reporting a stolen or missing wallet or purse can help track down thieves, especially when more than one wallet or purse is reported missing at the same location, perhaps a convenience store or a department store.

There could be a pattern taking place at that location, he explained. Using the reports and video surveillance, law enforcement can begin to put together a pattern that could lead to an arrest.

It's all about risk. With hard proof that you have been using credit in responsible ways, a lender has greater assurance that offering you a loan or line of credit is not a risky venture. Your past becomes a predictor of the future.

You have a low credit score, so either you've not paid creditors back when you should have or you owe too much already. Both of these circumstances would create bad credit. Another reason for an anemic score could be that you haven't had sufficient time to build a positive history. In fact, a person with no credit (also called having a "thin file") can be considered just as risky as someone who has had problems managing credit. After all, how can a bank know if you will be a great customer if you haven't yet been one?

But having a long credit history doesn't mean that you hang onto debt longer than necessary. You have an expensive loan and deleting it swiftly will benefit you in a couple ways. The first is that you won't pay as much in financing fees, and the second is that it will prove that you successfully paid off your debt.

沒有留言:

張貼留言